Interested in joining the team at Daytona Sandown Park? Our current vacancies at our Surrey Circuit are below.
Daytona Sandown Park is looking for a:
LOCATION: Esher, Surrey, KT10 8AN HOURS: Full-Time, Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
Are you looking for a step up to further your career development? If the answer is yes then Daytona Motorsport is seeking an Accounts Assistant to assist the Finance Director in the daily operation of a small but busy Accounts team.
The role will include some occasional travel to Daytona’s circuits elsewhere in the UK and may require some additional hours outside the standard Monday-Friday hours.
Reconciliation of Daily Takings receipts for all venues
- Preparing export files from the booking system for import to the Sage Accounting software
- Reconciliation of Bank Accounts and Petty Cash accounts on Sage Accounting software
- Generating commission reports from the booking system and some other monthly payroll related reports
- Banking and obtaining float monies each week
- Managing Petty Cash
- Reconciliation, redemption and monthly invoicing of agency vouchers for all venues on occasional basis/ad hoc promotions.
- Stock control, including reconciliation of stock movements.
- Assisting in the collection of month end reporting schedules from the venues (eg stock sheets), reconciling/checking movements in the month, etc.
- Updating nominal ledger control accounts at month end for all venues.
- Answering phones and dealing with customers and suppliers.
- Providing cover for the company Purchase Ledger occasionally as and when required.
- Ordering and maintaining office supply stock
- Various analyses as required by senior management
- Subject to the core responsibilities being successfully achieved to deadlines, there may be an opportunity to get more involved in the production of the monthly Management Accounts.
- 12 months working within a similar environment is preferred.
- Should be self motivated and have good MS Office skills (especially Excel and Word) and knowledge of Sage Accounts (ideally) or other similar Accounts software preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email a CV and covering letter to derek.lee@Daytona.co.uk quoting ref: AA2019
HOURS: Full-Time, Permanent
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position would suit an individual who is looking for a diverse and challenging role with responsibility of running and managing the circuit combined with hospitality and conference facilities.
- Staff management and training
- Effectively manage daily operations
- Ensuring high standard product quality is maintained
- Exceptional service delivery is achieved
- Meeting financial objectives
A passionate advocate for the customer experience, you’ll identify key business priorities, evaluate operational processes and implement change, inspiring and engaging your team and deliver smooth and safe Race events both in terms of service and product.
The successful candidate will be able to show experience in managing and developing a team of over 50 staff, including 3 department heads. Ensuring that the entire team pulls together to deliver Daytona’s renowned customer service and safety level is a key element of the role.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong organisational, motivational and communication skills at all levels and a natural ability in public speaking and presentation skills.
- Manage, engage, train, incentivise and supervise staff whilst ensuring adequate staffing levels.
- Maintain and develop exceptional levels of service and full responsibility for the health and safety of your staff and customers.
- Ability to drive, influence and improve performance across the venue.
- Good working knowledge of Word & Excel and can quickly learn how to use our bespoke booking and venue management systems.
Full product and service training will be given.
This position requires complete flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
A job description is available on request.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV & covering letter to Careers@daytona.co.uk quoting ref: GMSP19
Assistant General Manager – Operations
LOCATION: Esher, Surrey, KT10 8AN
This is an exciting opportunity to assist in running an outdoor Go Kart track based in Esher, Surrey. The position would suit an individual who is looking for a diverse and challenging role with responsibility of running and managing the circuit.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the General Manager in the day-to-day running of a 7-day operational business.
- Be directly responsible for the operation of the venue in the absence of the General Manager
- Ensure the venue is operational in a timely manner whilst warranting first class customer care and safety.
- To be responsible for monitoring the circuit, correctly issuing signals to drivers, and correctly relaying information to all staff, controlling the race in a safe manner at all times.
- To be fully conversant with, and abide by the rules, regulations & procedures laid out in the Staff manual, Employee handbook and NKA guidelines.
- To ensure the whole site is maintained to the correct Company presentation levels and ensure the daily setup and close down procedures are carried out.
- To ensure that all paperwork relating to new and current staff members is completed correctly and forwarded to HR within the correct timescales.
- To liaise with all other managers, department heads and venue suppliers
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You will be an enthusiastic and flexible individual who is able to work evenings and weekends.
- You will need strong organisational, motivational and management skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- You must be able to manage, engage, train and supervise track team members with the ability to lead by example.
- You will have a welcoming, confident and charismatic manner as well as the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You will essentially have an adhering approach to rules & regulations as well as the ability to apply common sense.
Experience within the Motor sport and/or leisure industry would be advantageous; however, full product and service training will be provided on the job.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and covering letter to: Careers@daytona.co.uk quoting job ref: AGMSP2019
A full job description is available on request.
Front of House Manager
HOURS: Full time, Permanent
Daytona Sandown Park is currently looking for a professional, confident and reliable Front of House Manager to join our busy Front of House team. Daytona is a dynamic and sometimes demanding environment that requires energetic, enthusiastic and ambitious individuals with the ability to thrive under pressure.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Reception and Front of House areas.
- To prepare and manage reception staff and to ensure correct staffing levels at all times
- Provide training and induction to all new and existing reception staff whilst developing training to suit the needs of the business.
- To ensure all reception staff absences, sickness and annual leave is monitored, recorded and reported to the HR department.
- To set targets and monitor active selling within the Front of House team in line with company targets.
- To oversee the presentation of facilities to an exceptionally high standard at all times.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be from a customer focused background (hospitality preferred) with proven ability to drive standards forward whilst ensuring the management and development of the team through training and coaching.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a positive, friendly and professional manner and culture at all times.
- Be able to develop and deliver customer service and sales training to Front of House staff
- Be required to devise and implement procedures.
- Have the ability to manage and monitor sales targets for the FOH team
- Be able to recruit, train, manage and monitor the Front of House team whilst ensuring on-going succession planning.
- Must be able to work flexible hours for a 7-day operational business.
- Have sound knowledge of Word and Excel
- Be a strong and charismatic individual.
Full training on product knowledge and services will be given.
A job description can be provided on request.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV & covering letter to Careers@daytona.co.uk quoting ref: FOHMSP19
Race Directors/Duty Managers
HOURS: Full-time/Part-time – MUST be available to work evenings and weekends
HOURLY RATE: £Competitive plus uncapped sales commission on merchandise
LOCATION: Esher, Surrey, KT10 8AN
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Race Direct (manage, monitor and run) race events with the ability to deliver an entertaining and safe experience for our customers
- Act as a Duty Manager of the venue whilst managing the Track team, Front of House team and customers in a professional and effective manner whilst on duty
- Confidently conduct safety briefings to customers prior to race events
- Demonstrate strict but fair race management from Race Control (training will be given)
- Liaise with department heads to ensure that events are executed at the highest level
- Be fully conversant with the company’s computer booking and timing systems
- Be fully conversant of the Track Training Manual, NKA (National Karting Association) guidelines and Employee Handbook
- Assist with the induction and training of newly appointed Track staff whilst maintaining continued development for the existing team in accordance with the Company and Statute requirements
SKILLS AND ESSENTIALS
- Have excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form
- Successfully execute the role by setting high standards and leading by example at all times whilst demonstrating the ability to apply common sense and problem-solving skills
- Have excellent time management, people management and organisational skills.
- Have bags of enthusiasm and the ability to have fun whilst working
- Have the drive and commitment to be successful to further develop their skills
- Be flexible to work evenings and weekends
Full training will be given on all products, service, pricing as well as our in-house management system. Job description available on request.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this position, please email your most up to date CV and covering letter to Careers@daytona.co.uk quoting the job reference: RDSP19
We look forward to hearing from you!
Head of Engineering
Location: Daytona Sandown Park
Hours: Full-Time Flexible – must be able to work evenings and weekends
As the Head of our Engineering department, you will be required to carry out all aspects of the day-to-day running of the department whilst managing a small team ensuring our kart fleet is maintained to the highest standard.
We require a department manager with good organisation skills as well as a “hands on” & “can do” attitude to work.
We are looking for a:
- Self-driven and results oriented person
- Personality with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality.
- Dedicated, reliable, tolerant and determined individual.
- Individual with a keen eye for detail
- Motivator who takes pride in their work that is projected to the whole team.
The applicant will be well presented, friendly and professional and who is keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
Mechanical experience is essential and a thorough understanding of engineering principles. The applicant must be able to understand the importance of correct maintenance and the need to ensure that all work is correctly recorded and carried out to the required spec. Kart maintenance experience is preferable.
This is a “hands on” role and we will expect the successful candidate to be spending 75%, or more, of their time in the workshop working directly on the build and maintenance of the karts. The successful candidate will be expected to source their own basic hand tools.
A basic concept of stock and budget control would be of an advantage. The successful applicant will be able to communicate and motivate via verbal and written media and be able to communicate effectively with suppliers and other team members alike.
The right applicant must have working knowledge of Excel and word, internet & e-mail.
We ideally need a person with people skills and experience of staff from a supervisory or management level who is able to motivate and set a positive example to a small team of engineers.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the correct level of engineering staff are present at all events and so will also be required to work weekends and evenings as per the requirements of the business.
We offer a competitive salary and an exciting working environment. There are exciting long term possibilities with this fast growing business.
How to Apply
Please send your CV & covering letter with salary expectation to: Careers@daytona.co.uk quoting ref: HOESP19
HOURS: Part time/Flexible – Applicants MUST be available to work evenings & weekends
LOCATION: Daytona Sandown Park, Esher, KT10 8AN
SALARY: £negotiable – based on previous experience
Daytona Sandown Park are currently looking to enhance the Engineering Team and require a part-time, flexible mechanic for our 7-day operational business.
You will be required to carry out all aspects of the day to day maintenance of our kart fleet, ensuring the workshop is kept safe and tidy at all times. You must ensure all targets are met and that you are able to work to tight deadlines. The position will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Have mechanical experience within the corporate / race kart or motorsport sectors.
- Be flexible and able to work evenings & weekends in addition to weekdays.
- Be able to follow instruction quickly and effectively.
- Be highly motivated and work well in a team.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Ensure that the karts are maintained to the highest standards of safety.
- Be able to work unassisted and ensure all targets are met without fail.
- Have excellent problem-solving abilities quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure all paperwork is kept up to date on a daily basis whilst ensuring that all paperwork is completed correctly and within the required timescales.
- Have maintenance level mechanical and engineering experience.
- Applicants MUST have own tools and be willing to purchase any tools required to carry out daily maintenance on the karts.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in their approach to work.
Full training will be given in all areas of the role.
Flexibility with working hours is essential to meet company needs
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a CV and covering letter to Careers@daytona.co.uk quoting job ref: ENGSP19
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Location: Daytona Head Office, Sandown Park, Esher
Place in Organisation: Sales Team
Reporting To: Sales Manager
Salary: Basic plus uncapped commission. OTE £45k
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Main purpose of Job
To sell the complete range of Daytona products to a broad range of customers, with the aim of exceeding budgeted targets, whilst maintaining expected Company standards.
- To respond quickly, thoroughly and effectively to inbound Sales Enquiries, (via telephone and email) by qualifying the needs of the customer and so identifying opportunities to up-sell and on-sell.
- To convert those Enquiries into profitable sales, with the aim of exceeding budgeted targets across the range of Daytona products.
- To capture and accurately input customer data to the company database.
- To periodically identify new Sales Opportunities through research and present to the Sales Manager with the aim of creating new revenue sources.
- To professionally and consistently fulfil these duties in a thorough, efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to all Company procedures.
- To deliver the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction at all times and to promote and maintain the professional image of the Company.
- To be organised with excellent time management skills.
- To have a degree of flexibility within the specified working hours, Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend work.
- Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on quality and profit. A motivated and disciplined person who is also reliable and determined. An empathetic communicator, who is able to see things from the other person’s point of view. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- IT Skills: Must be adept with the use of MS Office, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel, and be able to quickly gain an understanding of the Company’s IT system.
- Business and Selling Skills: Must be an excellent telephone communicator who is comfortable in dealing with company executives and private individuals alike. Ideal background would be in retail, event or hospitality sales; experience or an interest in motorsport would be particularly helpful.
- Numeracy and Literacy: Must possess a good standard of numeracy and literacy with an understanding of basic business calculations and excellent spelling and grammar.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Previous sales experience preferably in the corporate hospitality or entertainment areas.
- Honesty, integrity and trustworthiness.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Disciplined and organised, able to deal with multiple priorities
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be able to work on own initiative and be a team player
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting job ref: SESP19
We look forward to hearing from you!