Interested in joining the team at Daytona Sandown Park? Our current vacancies at our Surrey Circuit are below.
Daytona Sandown Park is looking for a:
Location: Daytona Sandown Park
Hours: Full-Time Flexible – must be able to work evenings and weekends
As the Head of our Engineering department, you will be required to carry out all aspects of the day-to-day running of the department whilst managing a small team ensuring our kart fleet is maintained to the highest standard.
We require a department manager with good organisation skills as well as a “hands on” & “can do” attitude to work.
We are looking for a:
- Self-driven and results oriented person
- Personality with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality.
- Dedicated, reliable, tolerant and determined individual.
- Individual with a keen eye for detail
- Motivator who takes pride in their work that is projected to the whole team.
The applicant will be well presented, friendly and professional and who is keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
Mechanical experience is essential and a thorough understanding of engineering principles. The applicant must be able to understand the importance of correct maintenance and the need to ensure that all work is correctly recorded and carried out to the required spec. Kart maintenance experience is preferable.
This is a “hands on” role and we will expect the successful candidate to be spending 75%, or more, of their time in the workshop working directly on the build and maintenance of the karts. The successful candidate will be expected to source their own basic hand tools.
A basic concept of stock and budget control would be of an advantage. The successful applicant will be able to communicate and motivate via verbal and written media and be able to communicate effectively with suppliers and other team members alike.
The right applicant must have working knowledge of Excel and word, internet & e-mail.
We ideally need a person with people skills and experience of staff from a supervisory or management level who is able to motivate and set a positive example to a small team of engineers.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the correct level of engineering staff are present at all events and so will also be required to work weekends and evenings as per the requirements of the business.
We offer a competitive salary and an exciting working environment. There are exciting long term possibilities with this fast growing business.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter with salary expectation when applying and quote ref: HOESP20
Please email: email@example.com
HOURS: Part time/Flexible – Applicants MUST be available to work evenings & weekends
LOCATION: Daytona Sandown Park, Esher, KT10 8AN
SALARY: £negotiable – based on previous experience
Daytona Sandown Park are currently looking to enhance the Engineering Team and require a part-time, flexible mechanic for our 7-day operational business.
You will be required to carry out all aspects of the day to day maintenance of our kart fleet, ensuring the workshop is kept safe and tidy at all times. You must ensure all targets are met and that you are able to work to tight deadlines. The position will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Have mechanical experience within the corporate / race kart or motorsport sectors.
- Be flexible and able to work evenings & weekends in addition to weekdays.
- Be able to follow instruction quickly and effectively.
- Be highly motivated and work well in a team.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Ensure that the karts are maintained to the highest standards of safety.
- Be able to work unassisted and ensure all targets are met without fail.
- Have excellent problem-solving abilities quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure all paperwork is kept up to date on a daily basis whilst ensuring that all paperwork is completed correctly and within the required timescales.
- Have maintenance level mechanical and engineering experience.
- Applicants MUST have own tools and be willing to purchase any tools required to carry out daily maintenance on the karts.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in their approach to work.
Full training will be given in all areas of the role.
Flexibility with working hours is essential to meet company needs
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a CV and covering letter to Careers@daytona.co.uk quoting job ref: ENGSP19
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org