Book online Call us
Daytona Championships

Daytona Championships

To view podium photos, visit our Pixpa site.



Our first heat of the day saw Zayn Perry get back to his usual business after taking his drop in the previous round, winning the race by nine seconds. Cooper Campbell-Lees was in second, creating a pretty sizable eight second gap to Olivier Guintoli, who drove impressively for his third. Another driver in fantastic form is Harry Fitch, who won the cadet race ahead of Micah Hunte-Nelson, only by about five tenths of a second though. Both drivers were quite far ahead of Joseph Smith, who still impressed by finishing in a top three spot.

Group 2 went out for their first heat next, and Theo Laverty dominated in similar style to Zayn - this time winning by five and a half seconds. Both drivers would be hoping for a dramatic showdown in the A-final. Harvey Preen was in second, finishing comfortably ahead of third-placed Layla Guintoli. However, Layla received a one-place position drop which promoted Kodi Francis-Brown into the third spot. In the cadets, Ethan Guest won by about two seconds ahead of Zachary Smith, with Henry Gordon making a solid start to the round in third.

Zayn Perry kept the sweep alive heading into the second race, winning by ten seconds - another very impressive performance. Rhys Kings finished second on track, but an overtake under yellow flag demoted him into third, with Olivier Guintoli inheriting that position. Another driver keeping the sweep alive was Harry Fitch, who won by about a second to Micah Hunte-Nelson. Jack Charles-Bailey put himself within a slim chance of A-final qualification in third.

The fourth heat of the day saw Theo Laverty dominate, winning by nineteen seconds to Harvey Preen. This time Layla Guintoli did finish third, though she would have to settle for an appearance in the B-final due to the fourth placed finish in the first race. As for the cadets, Zachary Smith kept plugging away at the championship, winning by three seconds to Ethan Guest. Both drivers did enough to get into the A-final, not surprising with impressive heats like that. Henry Gordon also continued his amazing round, finishing in third, and also qualifying for the A-Final.

The B-Final was one of the more entertaining races of the day, with some drama towards the end. Olivier Hajdiuk took victory, but this was inherited due to a penalty gathered by Rhys Kings for an advantage by contact takeout against Kodi Francis-Brown, who spent much of the race in the lead. Layla Guintoli was similarly promoted into second position, with Kodi having to settle for third - he would have been happy to save something from the race after the misfortunes he encountered. As for the cadets, Ted Hitchmann dominated - taking a victory of around ten seconds to Thomas Baxter, despite Thomas being pretty close throughout. Logan Thacker made up the rest of the podium.

Zayn Perry kept his championship challenge up, winning the A-Final. However, he was not in a dominant position this time around. Theo Laverty put him under an immense amount of pressure, the two of them being within a tenth of a second at the line. It was a very good defensive performance from Zayn. Olivier Guintoli was in the battle for the lead early, but eventually finished in third. For the cadets, Zachary Smith kept up his own championship challenge, taking victory by just over two seconds. He played his part in a mature drive, not faltering under the pressure from behind. Henry Gordon made a dramatic late overtake to finish second, with Harry Fitch making up the rest of the podium spots



The first race of the day in the DMAX class was an entertaining affair, where Ben Smiles took a narrow victory ahead of Josh Gora. Jason Hately was not quite able to keep touch with the top two in third, though would still have been happy to hold off a charging Benjamin Tomkinson-Gray towards the end of the race. Inside of the heavyweights, Richard Lavender took an impressive victory ahead of Greg Chapman, winning the race by two seconds. The last driver in the heavyweight top three was Stuart Corr.

Heading into the second race, Jack Middleton won by just a second ahead of heavyweight driver Richard Lavender. Benjamin Tomkinson-Gray made up the rest of the overall top three, separated by only one second in their entirety. As for the rest of the heavyweight podium, Stuart Corr was runner-up with Chris Swannell finishing just a second behind in third. Ben Smiles made up the rest of the lightweight podium, just squeezing ahead of Jacob Holley.

Into the last race of the day, Ben Smiles continued his championship battle with Benjamin Tomkinson-Gray, the two of them separated by just one tenth of a second at the line. This time, however, Ben Smiles was the driver ahead - with the other Ben having to settle for second. Jason Hately made up the rest of the podium, though only by two tenths of a second to Josh Gora. In terms of the heavyweights, Richard Lavender completed a total sweep of the round, taking maximum points. He was comfortably ahead of second-placed Stuart Corr, making up five seconds over the course of the race. The final place on the podium went the way of Chris Swannell, who would have been delighted to secure a top three.

N-35 ST

The first N-35 race of the day saw Neil Hampson take a narrow victory ahead of Baxter Rawlings, who was only six tenths of a second behind at the line. They were only slightly ahead of Ned Morris, who had to settle for third. As for the heavyweights, Jacob Conellan continued his dominance, though he didn’t have as much competition as he would have liked this time around. That being said, second-placed Rohit Sharma still made a good account of himself with a competitive fastest lap.

Into the second race, Ned Morris recovered to take a dominant victory ahead of Neil Hampson. The next driver was Maxwell Williamson, who took part in a photo finish with Neil to the line, unfortunately just being pipped by Neil by a tenth of a second. As expected based on the first race, Jacob Connellan won the race in the heavyweights, but his competition in Rohit Sharma showed some consistent pace in this race, hoping perhaps he could challenge when the final came around.

Speaking of the final, Tom Duffy was something of a surprise victor - winning by 1.8 seconds to Neil Hampson, who finished second. Baxter Rawlings was not too far behind, the entire top three having an entertaining battle throughout the race that never quite turned into a dramatic finish. In the heavyweights, Jacob Connellan made it another fantastic sweep of the round, with Rohit Sharma finishing in second.



Sandown Park



Heat 1

The heats got underway on a cold morning for round 4 of our InKart championship here at Daytona Sandown Park. Eight drivers took to the grid for our first heat and there were some great battles right from the off. Charlie Bradburn making the early moves as he gained 2 places on the opening lap. Jamie Warner lost his place to Charlie as well as Ethan Critchley. It was slightly damp out there so it looked like that Charlie got the better of the conditions early on. Heat 1 ended with Charlie Bradburn winning, Jamie Warner coming home in 2nd and Jack Bromham rounding up the final podium spot.

Heat 2

Heat 2 got underway with Leo Edger losing 1st place on lap 1 to Ollie Peters who looked great out on circuit making his move with a clean pass on the brakes. Ollie then never looked back and led every lap of the heat taking the chequered flag after 8 laps of racing. Leo Edger unfortunately got into a few battles and lost out on them taking him from p1 on lap 1 down to p4 by the time they crossed the line. David Szucs-Farkas waiting until the final 2 laps before putting his moves together moving up from 3rd to second. They finished with Ollie Peters taking the win, David Szucs-Farkas in 2nd and Max Winfield in 3rd after a steady race and not changing any positions.

Heat 3

Heat 3 got underway; it was Jack Bromham our 3rd placed driver from heat 1 that was very impressive. He led every lap of the heat and looked in complete control lap after lap before taking the flag on lap 8. It was a similar story for Ollie Peters who won heat 2, he stayed in 2nd the whole race consolidating his position in the junior A final and once again it was the same for our 3rd placed driver Ellis McKenzie who stayed in 3rd all race just making sure he stayed out of trouble. That’s how It ended in heat 3 as very few moves were made from the top to the bottom of the field.

Heat 4

Our final heat started with Jamie Warner not taking any prisoners, solidifying his p1 by keeping the rest of field at bay, he had a couple of attacks from Charlie Bradburn on lap 1 but after that drove into the distance finishing p1 5 seconds up the road from our p2 driver Leo Edger. Leo himself had a great race after being p5 on lap 1 making moves throughout the heat slowly picking off other drivers and making it up to p2. Our 3rd placed driver in heat 4 was Charlie Bradburn who had a great race with second placed Leo, swapping positions a few times but having to settle for 3rd once they crossed the line.

B final

The B final got underway after some very exciting heats and it was Max Winfield that lined up on pole position, William Bradbury in 2nd and Jack Edger in 3rd. Further down the field Troy Edwards was in 4th and Harrison Bishop lining up in p5, Kaiden Mercer making his InKart debut in p6 and finally Robert Wijnand in p7 rounding off our grid.

Max Winfield never looked back from pole position as he got a very clean start and made it through turn 1 without any issues, once everything had settled down, he slowly started to pull away from the rest of the field and took the chequered flat 4 seconds ahead of second placed driver Jack Edger. Wiliam Bradbery who started in p2 came home in p3 after some good battle in the early laps settled into the final podium position. Harrison Bishop came home in p4, Troy Edwards p5 and our debut driver Kaiden Mercer who started p6 and had some good little battles with Troy Edwards came home in p6 to round off our grid.

A final

Our junior A final got underway with some great expectation in the air with Ollie Peters lining up on pole position, Leo Edger in 2nd and Charlie Bradburn in 3rd. 4th position was Jack Bradburn, 5th Jamie Warner, 6th David Szucs-Farkas and 7th Ellis McKenzie.

Once we had lights out Ollie Peters got away well leading for the first 3 laps before Leo Edger made his move late on the brakes into turn 6 and made the move stick round the outside of turn 7. Once Leo made this move he was gone and led the rest of the race without issue. Ellis McKenzie was the racer making all the moves in this final as he started p7 and steadily made his way through the pack throughout the 13 laps, he ended up in a very impressive p2. Jack Bromham kept up his impressive form and brought home his kart in p3, Charlie Bradburn in p4 after getting up to second for a period lost a couple of positions on the final laps. P5 was Our pole sitter Ollie Peters who appeared to slip back throughout the race, p6 was Jamie Warner, p7 Ethan Critchley and finally our final position was David Szucs Farkas.



Heat 1

Our first heat in the cadets got underway with Leger Dimitriou leading on lap 1 from Daniel Marutyak and in p3 it was Adam Telford. Positions stayed the same for the first 8 laps but then there was a lot of movement as Adam gained a place on Ledger who slipped down 2 places from first. Daniel moved from 2nd up to p1 and that’s how the order finished. Daniel took home the win, Adam in 2nd and Ledger in 3rd

Heat 2

Our second heat got underway and it was Felix Sheldon Heywood leading the pack from Sarah Telford who was trying to recreate what her brother did in the first heat. Marcus Cooper was in 3rd and Harvey Ball in p4. On Lap 2 it was Felix Sheldon Heywood that had a unfortunate spin and went from p1 down to p4, Harvey Ball was the beneficiary picking up a podium position. Sarah Telford made a great move on lap 2 and led the race from then on out. Not looking back and taking the win in heat 1.

Heat 3

Our third heat got underway with 3 drivers taking to the track, it was Ledger Dimitriou leading from lap 1, Felix Heywood in p2 and Sarah Telford in p3. Our first 2 drivers were having a very good battle for several laps both pushing each other to the extreme. On lap 5 it all came to a head as both drivers were pushing so hard that they both spun at turn 6 at the same time. Sarah then went through to take the lead and never looked back claiming the heat win. Felix came home in 2nd and Leger in p3.

Heat 4

The 4th heat got underway with Adam Telford leading the pack, Daniel Marutyak in 2nd, Marcus Cooper in 3rd and Harvey Ball in 4th. On lap 1 it was Daniel Marutyak that made the move on Adam for the lead and made it stick after going round the outside. This was the only move of the final heat as all the other drivers crossed the finish line in their starting positions.

Cadet final

The final got underway with Daniel Marutyak on pole position, Sarah Telford in 2nd and her brother Adam in 3rd, Harvey Ball in 4th, Felix Sheldon Heywood in p5, Ledger Dimitriou in 6th and Marcus Cooper rounding out the grid in p7. Once we got underway Adam Telford made some great moves on lap 1 to take him up to p1, Daniel Marutyak fell from p1 down to p3 and Sarah Telford fell to p5. Adam didn’t look back after his move and kept the lead all the way to the finish. Daniel Marutyak managed to gain some positions back towards the end of the race to bring him home in p2 and it was Ledger Dimitriou who started p6 making some great moves throughout the race to bring him home in the final podium position.


Junior Sprint League

We had wet conditions for a greasy qualifying session here at Daytona Sandown Park for round 3 of our Junior Sprint League. It took the drivers a few laps to get used to the conditions out on circuit with a few drivers having a spin as they tried to find where the grip was out on track. By the end of the 10 minute session it was Leo Edger who lined up on pole position by over half a second to 2nd placed driver Ellis McKenzie followed very closely only a tenth behind was Oliver Bush in 3rd. Further down the field Dimitry Borovskiy was in 4th, Solomon Adeniji in 5th and David Szucs-Farkas in 6th.

After qualifying it was time for the race. The top 3 got away very well off a slippery start line but all held position into turn 1 and started to pull away from the rest of the field. Down the pack though It was Harry Skinner and Harry Pickles that was making some nice moves, on lap 2 there was a 3 way battle with Soloman all pressing each other for the whole lap but by the time they crossed the line for the end of the lap Soloman had dropped from 6th to 8th and the two Harrys moved up a place respectfully. The race then settled down until 2 laps to go, the leaders decided they needed to make some moves as the race was coming to an end It was second placed driver Ellis McKenzie that made the move on lap 18 after being later on the brakes and took the lead with only one lap to go. That is how the race finished after 19 laps. Ellis McKenzie taking the win, Leo Edger in 2nd and Oliver Bush in 3rd. Further down the field Dimitry Borovskiy came home in 4th, David Szucs-Farkas in 5th, Harry Skinner in 6th, Solomon Adeniji making up a coupe of places towards the end brought it home in 6th, Harry Pickles in 7th and finally George Pitch in 8th.

Milton Keynes



SuperChamps returned to morning racing for Round 4 of the season, with a damp but slowly drying circuit providing an excellent scene for the drivers to showcase their skills.

However, with Round 4 using the Grand Prix format, 10 minutes of qualifying followed by a 15 and 25 minute race, there would be less emphasis on being able to quickly and efficiently carve through the field. The Grand Prix format rewards good consistent pace more than anything, and consistency on an evolving circuit is an incredibly hard skill to master

SODI Lights

The SODIs were out first in the morning and, as such, had the wettest circuit of everyone. Qualifying was a fascinating session, with laptimes improving until the end. Alfie O'Brien, a former Junior regular at Milton Keynes, took pole on his debut SuperChamps appearance. Daniel Varlan impressed everyone by qualifying 2nd ahead of reigning champion, and the current championship leader, Harry Asher.

In the 15 minute sprint, O'Brien stormed off to an early lead, but as the race progressed, his lead began to fade. Asher was quickly picking his way up through the order after a bad start. With a few minutes left, Asher had caught up to O'Brien and was challenging for the win. Drama then unfolded as O'Brien received a black flag for repeated track limit abuse. O'Brien, still leading, refused to come into the pits with two laps to go and continued fighting for the win. Asher was able to overtake on the penultimate lap and took the chequered flag, ahead of O'Brien who was given a 1-lap penalty for ignoring the black flag. Daniel Varlan inherited 2nd with Luca Brooks in 3rd.

In contrast, the feature race was rather dull. Asher and Varlan started on the front row, whilst O'Brien started from the pits, due to his Big Flag incident. Asher was unstoppable and stormed off into the distance, winning by 10 seconds. Luca Brooks claimed 2nd, ahead of Alfie O'Brien, who did claim the fastest lap in the race. Daniel Varlan finished 4th, ahead of Ethan Anderson. George Benson held off Amelia Charlesworth for a good 10 minutes in the fight for 6th, as Aryaan Advani completed the field.

SODI Heavies

Justin Elliott was in fine form for qualifying, taking pole ahead of Scott Woosey. He carried that pace into the race, stretching out a comfortable lead of around 5 seconds before easing off the pace. With a wet circuit, Elliott was taking no risks and ensuring he won the race, which he did by 4 seconds to Woosey, with Dylan Jenkins a further 20 seconds behind.

Woosey, who had the fastest lap from Race 1, started on pole for the feature race. Elliott, who started on the grippier outside of the circuit, took the lead through the opening corners. For the first 5 or so minutes, Woosey and Jenkins were keeping up with the race leader, but as the race progresses, Jenkins dropped off the battle and Woosey was struggling to keep up. In the final 10 minutes, Woosey was a couple of seconds behind Elliott and was trading laptimes with him. Whilst the gap did falter to around a second at one point, Woosey was never able to get close enough to go for an overtake. Justin Elliott took a well earned win ahead of Woosey, Jenkins and Attila Schmede. The top 3 had fastest laps separated by just a tenth of a second. But it was Woosey who claimed the fastest lap, by a miniscule 2 thousandths of a second!

DMAX Lights

The sprint race was fantastic for Phillip Baboolal who took a comfortable victory ahead of James King. Levi Anderson impressed with 3rd place, finishing narrowly behind King.

In the feature race, Ethan Pritchard had a fantastic start to take the early lead, but was being hunted down by Baboolal, Anderson and King. Baboolal was gaining, but Anderson was right on his tail and was pushing for an overtake. Their battling was giving Pritchard some respite, with Anderson and Baboolal constantly trading places. Eventually Anderson broke free and without needing to defend, he quickly dispatched with Pritchard. Baboolal hunted Pritchard down, but took too long and finished behind Pritchard by a tenth of a second. Sadly for Ethan Pritchard, he was given a 3 place penalty for a jump start and was demoted to 5th. James King was promoted to 3rd ahead of Lewis Barton. James Bettison took 6th ahead of Logan Mcalister, who held off a charging Logan Mcalister in 7th. Lee Schnitzler claimed 8th, ahead of Andreea Braharu, Finley Anderson and Aleksei Ustimenko.

DMAX Heavyweights 

The Heavyweight shootout started with a dominant victory over Sebastian Musicka and Paul Studd. Aiden Miller finished 4th, whilst Ashley Mayston-King narrowly held off Justin Elliott for 5th.

In the feature race, Lee Whitney stormed off into the distance again to take a dominant victory by 20 seconds. The fight for second was thrilling, as Sebastian Musicka defended from Paul Studd, Harry Thrower, Myles Bate and Justin Elliott. Elliott was on a stormer, carving through the field of karts to take an incredibly well-earned 2nd place. Paul Studd finished a further 5 seconds behind, with Musicka a further tenth behind. Harry Thrower was another tenth back in 4th ahead of Myles Bate by half a second. However a penalty for Thrower demoted him to 5th, ahead of Hamish Easener and Oliver Smith. Ashley Mayston-King placed 9th, ahead of Scott Woosey, Rhys Matthews and Aiden Miller.

SuperChamps Duos - NEW!

Super Champ Duos made its start at Milton Keynes and the King Brother squads were out in full force as K.B.R.1, with Sebastian Musicka at the wheel, took pole and was charging clear. However, Team DasGut with Bradley Philpot at the wheel was closing in. About thirty minutes into the 1-hour race, DasGut and Team Williams had closed into the race leader. Musicka dived into the pits for K.B.R.1 and absolutely nailed it. After all was said and done in the pit lane, K.B.R.1 rejoined right behind Cameron Das for DasGut. With Das requiring a few laps to get up to speed, Musicka, who was iron-manning the race, made quick work and reclaimed the lead. Musicka only extended the lead and won by nearly 20 seconds at the end of the race. DasGut held onto 2nd, ahead of the fast charging James King for K.B.R.7. Team Williams took 4th, ahead of Open Throttle and Rory Burke. Maple Motorsport finished in 7th, after nearly catching Rory Burke in the closing laps of the race. PreenStone finished 11st ahead of CoMat racing, Track Titans and Shake ‘n’ Bake.


For all Daytona Championship photos and more, please click here.

Register to receive our special offers

Sign up here to get the latest news and special offers from Daytona Motorsport delivered straight to your inbox.

Sign me up for special offers at